Run it Back!

Hello! It’s been a while since writing as I thought maintaining this blog would be easy. After Amsterdam, I headed back to Paris to meet with my cousin Emma. My second round in Paris was a sprint with a late arrival on July 28.

Cousins in Paris!

For the day, Emma and I headed off to the Musée de l’Orangerie and The Louvre for a full day of art viewing. We both loved the Musée de l’Orangerie for Monet’s Water Lilies and impressionist art.

Monet’s Water Lilies

The Louvre was packed, and I saw the Mona Lisa from a distance. I was not about to wait in line to see her up close, that is what Google is for. We didn’t know what we were looking for or what to look at, so we wandered around for a few hours until heading back to get ready for dinner.

Great view of Mona Lisa.

That evening we had crepes for dinner and met Emma’s friends to go out. Me, being the goofy American I am, kissed Emma’s friend’s cheeks in greeting not realizing that was not correct. They didn’t say anything though which was nice, but I’m still embarrassed.

We grabbed drinks at a bar for a few hours then trekked to the club which was in underground caves. The house music in the caves was not what we were expecting, but we had a good time nonetheless! We headed out at 6 a.m. with the Paris sunrise to go home.

Me with the rising sun

We got back around 7 a.m. and slept in until one. I have never been so happy to sleep on a pullout couch. This final day in Paris blurred together. Emma, Guilleme, and I got breakfast/lunch at McDonald’s. Emma and I continued our day to the Catacombs, which in hindsight probably wasn’t the best plan with the combination of hang-xiety and seeing the remains of millions of Parisians.

Some bones in the Catacombs

I’m glad we did it though and we spent the rest of the afternoon legitimately trekking around Paris. We walked about 5 km from the Catacombs down to the Seine, back towards the Louvre, and up to the Galeries Lafayette.

Our trek through Paris
Galeries Lafayette view

Exhausted from the day, we grabbed dinner and then went back to Emma’s aunts. I packed my bags for the night and ended my Parisian sprint with a 5:30 a.m. wake-up call to catch my flight to Malaga, Spain, to meet my dad and sister.

Leave a Reply